If you want to enjoy a simple and practical credit card, the Triangle Mastercard could be the solution! It offers a wide variety of benefits, being very flexible to adapt to your financial demands.
Furthermore, it belongs to Canadian Tire (CT), one of the most famous and traditional department stores in Canada, which sells sporting goods, tool sets, leisure objects, household products, among others.
Want to find out more about this feature? So keep reading our guide!
Who is the credit card for Triangle Mastercard?
The Triangle Mastercard is recommended for Canadians who frequently shop at Canadian Tire and other partner stores. Therefore, they take advantage of a rewards program (Dinheiro CT), which can be used to purchase products in these establishments.
To achieve this, you must have a credit score above 660 points.
Benefits of this card Triangle Mastercard
For fans of CT stores, the Triangle Mastercard offers a series of benefits, such as:
- Receiving 4% in CT Cash on purchases of most items sold in establishments such as Canadian Tire, Mark’s, Pro Hockey Life, among others;
- 5¢ in CT Money per liter every time you fill up at Gas+ and Essence+ stations;
- 1.5% CT Cash when you buy groceries (for the first 12,000 per year), except at Walmart and Costco stores;
- 0.5% in CT Cash on all your purchases elsewhere;
- If you spend $150 or more at CT or partner stores, you can get no-fee, no-interest financing in equal monthly installments.
Triangle Mastercard: Fees and tariffs
The Triangle Mastercard credit card has the following fees, read carefully so as not to miss anything:
- There is no annual fee;
- If you live outside of Quebec, all charges to your account (with the exception of cash transactions and related fees) will bear an annual interest rate of 20.99%;
- For the same situation as above, all transactions involving cash, such as withdrawals, and related fees will have an annual interest rate of 22.99%;
- If your application is not approved following the terms above, you may still receive a Triangle Mastercard, but the annual interest rates will be 25.99% for all charges and 27.99% for cash transactions;
- For other Canadian areas, all charges to your account will carry an annual interest rate of 20.99%;
- For cash transactions, an annual interest rate of 21.99% will be charged;
- If your application is not approved following the terms above, for areas outside of Quebec, you can still receive a Triangle Mastercard, but the annual interest rate will be 21.99% in both cases.
- The cash advance (withdrawal) fee will be $4.00 and is charged when the transaction is recorded in your account;
- If a payment you make is returned, $25.00 will be collected;
- Statement copies cost $2.00;
- If the account is inactive and still has a credit balance on it, the lesser of $2 or the credit balance amount will be charged.
A reminder: the card brand is Mastercard and it can be used in other countries.
Credit card limit
The Triangle Mastercard does not have a pre-defined limit for its users, as it will depend on the personal analysis of each applicant.
How to request your Triangle Mastercard?
To purchase the Triangle Mastercard, you can make an application online or go in person to a Canadian Tire store or partner establishments.
For you to apply online, we have put together an easy step-by-step guide:
- See if you meet the requirements and read the privacy terms (Privacy Charter);
- Click “Let’s Get Started!”;
- Read the information about the card and click “Got It”.
- Fill in your full name, date of birth and email.
- You can choose to receive a $10 CT Money bonus, but you must accept promotional offers.
- Select your preferred language, between English or French.
- Enter your contact number to increase the chances of your request being approved instantly and for you to have a digital card.
- You can enter your Social Security Number so card issuers can access your credit history (optional).
- Click “Next”.
- Enter your full address.
- Click “Next”.
- Fill in your financial details.
- Click “Next”.
- Review the information you entered and submit your request.
Depending on the data filled in, the request may be approved instantly or it may take a few days or even weeks to be accepted.
Opinion about the Triangle Mastercard
The Triangle Mastercard credit card can be a smart alternative for Canadian Tire consumers and their partner stores, resulting in greater savings and convenience for them.
Another attraction is the fact that this resource does not have annual fees, contributing to the financial health of its users.
On the other hand, the points purchased can only be used in selected establishments, which can be a limiting factor for many people.
Click the button below to be redirected to the official website responsible for applying for a credit card Triangle Mastercard.