The ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite credit card can be a favorable option for people who want to enjoy numerous benefits within and outside the country in which they are living. This feature brings more ease and practicality to its users, ensuring a differentiated experience.
See more information about this credit card below!
Who is the credit card for ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite?
The ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite, according to the credit card’s official website, is recommended for Canadian citizens with a minimum annual personal income of $12,000.
Additionally, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have at least an annual personal income of $60,000;
- Present a minimum annual family income of $100,000;
- Have financial assets, such as investments, worth at least $250,000 in your possession.
What’s more: the person interested in this resource cannot have declared bankruptcy in the last 7 years.
Now, this card is not suitable for people who rarely travel or who don’t usually make international purchases. Another point is that it may not be the best option for consolidating your debts.
Credit card benefits ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite
The ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite credit card has several advantages that can adapt to your lifestyle, especially if you travel frequently.
Check out some of these benefits with us!
- This card does not charge fees for foreign transactions, including purchases online or in other countries;
- Earn 3 Scene+ Points when you spend $1 at supermarkets like Sobeys, IGA, Foodland, among others;
- Earn 2 Scene+ Points for every $1 spent on meals;
- Receive 2 Scene+ Points for every $1 spent at eligible entertainment venues such as cinemas and theaters;
- Acquire 2 Scene+ Points for every $1 you spend on eligible modes of transport, such as buses, taxis and subways;
- Earn 1 Scene+ Point for every $1 spent on other eligible routine purchases;
- Sign up for the Visa Airport Companion Program, which offers the cardholder or anyone else traveling with the card 6 free visits per year to airport lounges around the world;
- Book your next trip using Scene+ Travel or redeem your Scene+ points to cover travel costs.
Credit card limit
The ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite card features a minimum credit limit of $5,000 for consumers who meet the requirements we mentioned.
ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite: Fees and tariffs
The ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite, compared to other cards on the market, has some higher fees.
- The annual fee for this card is $150;
- Interest rates are 20.99% for purchases and 22.99% for cash advances such as withdrawals;
- Each additional card costs $50 per year;
- If payments are late, the annual interest rates will be 25.99% for purchases and 27.99% for cash advances;
- There is a cash advance fee of $5.00 for withdrawals processed by ScotiaBank or another Canadian financial institution, for cash obtained from Automated Banking Machines (ABM) and for any ABM that has the Interac+ symbol;
- The fee mentioned above will be $7.50 for any ABM located outside of Canada, for withdrawals made by ScotiaBank or another financial institution in other regions of the world;
- There is a $5.00 fee for balance transfers processed by ScotiaBank;
- If you make a transaction involving a Scotia Credit Card Check, a $5.00 fee will apply;
- In case of returned payment, a fee of $48.00 will be charged;
- To replace an invoice, $5.00 will be collected;
- If the threshold fee is exceeded, a $29.00 fee will be collected;
- Regarding installment plan fees, there are the following possibilities: a one-off fee of 3% of the total value of the eligible purchase or a monthly fee of up to 1.2% of the value of each eligible purchase;
- For online or overseas purchases made with foreign currencies, you will not have to pay an additional fee to convert the amount. However, the exchange rate still applies.
A reminder: the brand of the card in question is Visa and it can be used for international travel.
How to request?
To access the benefits of the ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite credit card, you can make a request online, following the steps below:
- First, you need to answer whether you currently have any ScotiaBank products;
- If the answer is “yes”, log in to skip a few steps and speed up your request;
- If the answer is “no”, click “Apply as a new customer”;
- Before agreeing and proceeding with your request, check that you meet the qualifications required by the card;
- Read the information provided about this feature;
- Click on “Agree and continue”;
- Fill in personal information, such as your name, telephone number and email;
- Check the options, establishing that you have read and agreed to the Scotiabank Privacy Agreement and the Digital Access Agreement;
- Click “Continue”;
- Enter data such as your address, your personal and family finances and your professional information;
- Review what you filled out;
- Submit your request.
To fill in all the requested data, it is interesting that you set aside around 8 minutes of your time. If your application is approved, your ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite card will take approximately 14 business days to arrive at your home.
Opinion about the card
The ScotiaBank Passport Visa Infinite credit card features an attractive rewards system, allowing you to earn points through purchases of various products at various establishments.
And for travelers, it is a very wise choice as it brings surprising benefits for those who love exploring other countries.
On the other hand, the stricter requirements to obtain this feature and its higher fees may not be affordable for many consumers, who may turn to more economical options.
Click the button below to be redirected to the official website responsible for applying for a credit card Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite.