If you’re thinking about choosing a card to rebuild your credit score, the Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard could be the ideal choice for your lifestyle! When used responsibly, this resource will also help you achieve your financial goals, without complications and with great practicality.
Check out more information about it in our guide!
Who is the credit card for?
The Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard is recommended for people who want to restore or reorganize their credit score, as well as having additional benefits for their daily lives.
However, before making your request, it is important to pay attention to the requirements determined by Capital One:
- You cannot have applied for a Capital One account more than once in the last thirty days;
- You cannot submit an existing account or pending application with Capital One;
- You must not have a Capital One account that was not in good standing within the last year.
Another point is that they may require a security deposit, depending on your credit history.
Credit card benefits
The Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard has advantages that are very interesting for consumers, from daily benefits or privileges aimed at international travel.
See some of them below:
- Purchase Guarantee for lost, stolen or damaged items;
- Extended Warranty for your purchases, going beyond that offered by establishments;
- Car Rental Collision/Loss Damage Waiver, which covers losses due to collision or loss of rental vehicles;
- Price Protection Service, which happens when an item purchased by you goes on sale and the difference in cost is paid by the card issuers;
- Travel Accident Insurance with a Common Carrier, which covers expenses related to accidental death or dismemberment while traveling on common means of transport, such as planes, buses, among others;
- Baggage Delay, which allows you to be reimbursed for delayed or lost bags when you purchase your travel using the Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard;
- Travel Assistance, 24 hours a day.
Credit card limit
The Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard credit limit is not pre-set. It depends on the personal analysis of each client and the amount of the guarantee deposit made.
Fees and tariffs
Unlike the Home Trust Secured Visa, which is another option for people who want to rebuild their credit score, the Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard credit card has higher rates.
- It has an annual fee of $59.00;
- Features a standard interest rate of 21.9% for cash advances (withdrawals);
- Displays a standard interest rate of 19.8% for purchases made with the card;
- It has a standard rate for balance transfers of 19.8%;
- The first additional card is not charged;
- The fee for international transactions is 2.5%.
A reminder: the brand of the card mentioned is Mastercard and it can be used for international travel.
How to request?
To order your Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard credit card, you need to:
- Take the Quick Check, which checks whether you will be approved before even applying for your card. It’s very quick, easy and you will receive a response in seconds;
- You must fill in your personal information, such as full name, date of birth, social security number (optional);
- Then enter your contact details, such as address, telephone and email;
- Finally, it’s time for you to complete your employment and financial information, such as your employment status, your annual income without tax deductions, among others.
- Select whether you would like to use the card to make cash withdrawals (optional);
- Check if you consent to Capital One obtaining your score and report to verify your eligibility for a credit card and inform you about products of interest to you;
- Click on “Check Now”,
- If you are eligible to have the Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard, continue with the application process, providing the requested data.
The response to your application may be provided within 7 to 10 days after your application. If approved, you will receive your credit card, limit information, and welcome materials in the mail in approximately 7 to 10 business days.
Opinion about the card
The Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard credit card can be an interesting choice for people looking to rebuild their credit history and improve their financial health, also offering attractive benefits.
However, the fees and fees for this feature can be a deterrent for consumers, as can the security deposit, which may be required by Capital One.
Furthermore, this card does not offer a rewards program that allows exchange for points, which may not be advantageous for those interested in it.
Click the button below to be redirected to the official website responsible for applying for a credit card Capital One Guaranteed Mastercard